The Grounded for Life program seeks to support foster care youth’s aspirations to graduate from high school though relationship building, problem solving, and persistence. The project will “ground” students for life by connecting them to caring adults and boosting their belief in themselves. With the Grounded for Life Program… youth in foster care grades 9th – 12th will be paired with a Graduation Coach for up to 2 years to help them successfully meet the everyday demands of the school environment while developing a stronger academic foundation.
Build motivation to succeed Graduation Coaches:
• Meet with youth weekly at their schools
• Set education goals and track progress
• Monitor grades, performance, attendance, & activities
• Provide tailored support and tutoring
• Collaborate with educators and caregivers to improve performance
The Grounded for Life Program helps youth:
• Acquire effective academic & social skills
• Increase school attendance
• Improve grades
• Learn to problem solve
• Support to teens dealing with Teen Dating Violence. For more information on Teen Dating Violence.